- High-School Teachers: You need to be professional when you go to college. High-School dress-code reflect what COLLEGE classes expect you to wear.
- Actual College Student: I know this class is at 5:00 pm, but I'm wearing pajama pants and a tank top.
- Actual College Professor: lol same.
American music culture 101, from Country to Rock to Pop to Hip-hop, in 3 easy steps:
1. when black americans invent it, initially detest it, mock it, claim it is destroying american youth and proper sensibilities
2. realize it isn’t going anywhere, co-opt it, engage in it and profit from it
3. obscure its origins and repackage it in such a way that the next generation understands it as a product of white american excellence
hey sooooo remember how the police in ferguson were going to start wearing body cameras
actual quote from the article: “This gotcha discipline that we have with the dash board cameras is what we’d be afraid of,” Roorda said.
basically “any tangible way of holding us accountable for abusing our power is what we’d be afraid of”